Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel will soon be able to answer some of the 1000 questions for couples from the popular book that pertain to becoming parents because they are about to find out for themselves!
Despite months of rumors, the couple still has yet to confirm that they are expecting. Nevertheless, multiple sources have certainly done so on their behalf. The couple was married in 2012 and is supposedly due in April 2015.
What happens when a couple discovers that they are going to become parents? Sometimes they’re over the moon with joy and happiness. At other times, they are shocked and need time to digest the news. No matter what the initial response is, all first-time parents need all the help they can get.
In fact, one of the 1000 questions for couples might be, “How do you plan on getting through your first child together?” Here are some tips that are surprisingly helpful but often overlooked:
- Go to the dentist during the pregnancy. During pregnancy, the body produces a lot of extra estrogen and progesterone, both of which make gums more susceptible to infection. If an expectant mother comes down with a gum infection, the bacteria could possibly spread to the bloodstream and cause complications with the pregnancy.
- Don’t go overboard with eating. Sometimes, women can take the sentiment of eating for two a little too far. Just because someone is pregnant doesn’t mean they need to double what they normally eat. The diet should be healthy and smart.
- Build up a baby team. At the five-month mark, it’s time to assemble the “baby team”. In other words, start lining up a doula, baby nurse, lactation consultant, and pediatrician. A good way to find reputable individuals is to ask family and friends for recommendations.
- Keep the baby out of direct sunlight. This might seem like a no-brainer, but some new parents need the reminder. Babies under six months of age should never be in direct sun. Sunscreen should only be used minimally at that age, so it’s best to avoid the sun altogether.
- Try not to use baby wipes on newborns. Baby wipes are a godsend for many parents because they make changing diapers a whole lot easier and less messy. However, it’s recommended that parents refrain from using baby wipes for the first month because the chemicals could cause skin irritation.
Good luck with the baby!