As the 19th season of Dancing with the Stars wraps up, many DWTS enthusiasts will be looking forward to what next season brings. After all, there’s not much to primetime television without DWTS, right?
The two-hour finale was full of surprising performances consisting of a fusion routine. What was surprising is that all three of the finalist teams achieved perfect scores, so it all came down to viewer votes! Ultimately, Alfonso Ribeiro and Witney Carson made off with the Mirrorball Trophy.
What does the finale of DWTS have to do with help for marriages? Well, did you know that dancing with your spouse could actually save your marriage? It can!
There you have it: dancing is the secret to a successful marriage, and it might be thanks to shows like DWTS and movies like Shall We Dance? Dancing actually promises a healthy romance and lifestyle. It doesn’t really matter what kind of dancing you do, as long as you do it!
Here are some ways that dancing can be a real help for marriage:
- Dancing is great exercise. If both of you need to get into shape, dancing is not only a great workout but also an excellent way to spend time together.
- What’s good for your heart physically is also good for your heart romantically – so dance your heart away!
- When you dance with your spouse, you hold and touch each other for longer than a brief hug, and touch is something that is often lacking in struggling marriages.
- Dancing is sexy and can bring out a couple’s inner sensuality.
- Even if you are both terrible dancers, dancing together can help build your self-esteem and confidence in each other.
- Dancing is fun!
You might opt to seek out dance classes at the local community center or health club, or you could just dance at home with a bottle of wine and some music you both really enjoy. It doesn’t have to be structured; it just has to be fun and something that you do together.
If the last dance you did was in the sixth grade, it might be time to get on your feet. When was the last time you danced with your spouse?