Dating Advice from Jennifer Lawrence?
Jennifer Lawrence may be America’s sweetheart, but that doesn’t mean she is a stranger to scandal. Hot on the heels of some nude photos of the 24-year-old actress being leaked on the Internet are stories in the tabloids about her ‘are-they-or-aren’t-they’ relationship with Coldplay’s Chris Martin.
Despite all this, the Oscar-winning beauty found time to sit down with Vanity Fair and discuss the five things she’s looking for in a boyfriend. Here’s her list:
- A guy that will watch reality TV with her – and not complain!
- A guy that isn’t afraid to be himself – meaning he’s willing to unabashedly fart in front of her!
- A guy that’s willing to eat like a man – good-bye to those gluten-free diets!
- A guy just like Larry David!
- A guy that would rather not argue.
It looks like Jennifer Lawrence won’t be too hard to please in the boyfriend department, so what about you?
Well, it’s not really about being easy to please rather than finding someone that enjoys the same things. Maybe Lawrence’s short list really is some sage dating advice: look for someone real.
So, what should you look for in a boyfriend?
There’s no doubt about it – dating is hard. Lots of women go through boyfriends like a monkey goes through bananas, but is it because they just don’t know what they want? Probably. So, what should you look for?
First and foremost, a relationship requires trust, open communication and mutual respect. But there has to be an attraction and a common bond as well. If you’ve got a long laundry list of requirements, that might be your first mistake. Start off simple. Start off looking for a guy that:
- Will treat you with love and respect.
- Won’t make fun of you, your interests or put you down.
- Doesn’t get upset if you want to spend time with friends and family.
- Likes to listen to you – and has great conversations.
- Enjoys the same interests and activities that you do.
- Is honest and caring.
- Makes you feel safe.
Just remember this – dating involves two people, both of who have an equal say in how the relationship goes. It’s not just about what you want in a guy, but what a guy wants in you!