Marriage counseling questions: Rebooting the relationship
The question is: have movies reached their reboot peak? Is it really worth rebooting a movie? For some, Terminator: Genisys is an essential movie, especially because Arnold Schwarzenegger is back on board. For others, the movie isn’t really necessary.
In addition, many fans of the franchise are dumbfounded at this reboot since most believe that no one could ever put a candle to Linda Hamilton’s rendition of Sarah Connor.
Although rebooting the Terminator movies might be a questionable move, the thought of rebooting your marriage might be just what the doctor ordered. In fact, one of the most popular marriage counseling questions is actually about how to rekindle the romance.
If you think your marriage is on life support, there are a few things you can do. You don’t have to settle for parallel lives. Here are some ways you can rejuvenate your marriage:
- Focus on respect. Respect is the cornerstone of a solid marriage. Refresh your commitment to each other by practicing mutual respect.
- Repair the damage. Although it is impossible to heal each other’s hearts immediately, it is important to repair the damage as quickly as possible. Find a constructive way to say how you feel and what you need.
- Say “thank you”. One of the most important phrases is “thank you”. Start using it right away.
- Five acts of kindness. Give your spouse five acts of kindness each and every day. This means focusing on what you can give rather than what you can get. Offer warm hugs, greetings upon arrival, and wishes of sweet dreams before bed. Small acts can go a long way.
- Look to the good. Don’t put all the focus on your problems. Instead, focus on the positive. Consider what is going well and do more of that.
If you think you need to take actions to rejuvenate your marriage, go for it! Do you have any marriage counseling questions figured out? What works for you?